RE: [css3-writing-modes] a third option for implementing logical properties

As far computation order, computing 'direction' first wouldn't be an issue in IE either. There are already properties that are stored internally as logical values, so dependency on direction is not a new concept.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of L. David Baron
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:36 PM

(Getting this reduction in complexity might somewhat limit implementation approaches, since it requires computing 'direction'
before cascading any properties with logical/physical pairs.  I think that's not a problem in Gecko, so this approach would simplify our implementation of logical properties significantly.  I'd be interested to hear if it would help in other implementations.)

-David