Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 4:31 PM, Rune Lillesveen <rune@opera.com> wrote:
>> It might be the case that user agents need to implement a zoom which
>> lets users know about events that happen beyond the zoomed area or
>> something, but I don't think it's ever reasonable to assume that
>> allowing zooming would be user unfriendly.
>
> I was thinking about cases where the user accidentally changes the zoom
> factor making it somewhat inconvenient to get back to a zoom factor where
> the app is usable.

This is a UA failing. I've been talking to colleagues about things
like this recently. It's important to provide something like an undo,
especially for devices where the input surface is flaky and it's easy
to accidentally do something (like ruin the zoom).

The fix is to improve the UA, not to tell the UA not to support the feature.