Re: [css-device-adaptation] New draft

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:11:13 +0200, Christoph Päper
<christoph.paeper@crissov.de> wrote:

> Rune Lillesveen:
>>
>> http://people.opera.com/rune/TR/ED-css-viewport-20101013/
>
> ‘user-zoom’ needs rethinking, at least in naming. In its current form it
> is hostile to the user, although in user CSS (which sadly is hardly
> available or accessible on mobile devices) there could always be
>
>   @viewport {user-zoom: zoom !important}
>
> which defeats the purpose of this property, I guess.

I'm open to suggestions when it comes to name it.

Do you have a specific change in mind when it comes to functionality for
that property, or do you just want to drop it? I guess you saw from the
conformance requirements in Chapter 8 that support for it is optional.

I think there are valid use cases for supporting such a UA "hint" where
allowing zooming would actually be user un-friendly, in particular for web
applications/widgets.

> Since <number> and <percentage> seem to be used interchangably for
> ‘zoom’ etc., I think  <number> should be dropped.

I'm fine with that.

--
Rune Lillesveen
Senior Core Developer / Architect