Re: [css3-text] proposed value for text-align: no-justify

On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 2:49 AM, Alan Gresley <alan@css-class.com> wrote:
> Koji Ishii wrote:
>>>
>>> The use case is for an end-user who has trouble reading text which is
>>> justified.
>>
>> Would you mind if I ask if this "trouble reading" is some kind of
>> accessibility issue, formatting related issue, or something else?
>>
>> I'm curious in what cases an end-user can have trouble reading justified
>> text.
>>

>> Regards,
>> Koji
>
> Note the gaps. Makes it hard to read.
>
> <http://css-class.com/test/images/justify.png>

In constrained-width situations, like Alan points out with that image,
justification can sometimes be harmful.  If your default font size is
higher than the normal, then more situations are "constrained width".
In particular, many places where the page author considers the
justification to be perfectly fine instead become difficult to read.