Re: Issue 101 Resolution

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 03:24:26PM +1100, I wrote:

> [I don't see a left bias in the float rules, whereas I believe Alan Gresley
> does see one.]

If so then this may be because Alan Gresley and I are interpreting the
"analogous rules" differently: I'm assuming that the "analogous rule" in each
case is formed by swapping the words "left" and "right" throughout, whereas
possibly Alan is interpreting it as only swapping some of the occurrences.  If
that is in fact the case, or more generally if there's any other evidence that
there are multiple interpretations of what the "analogous rules" are, then of
course I would suggest spelling out those analogous rules, e.g. retaining the
existing "Analogous rules ..." words but appending a colon and the full rule.

If the analogous rules are formed by swapping the words "left" and "right"
throughout, then every mention of "left" or "right" in the rules is balanced by
a corresponding rule with "left" and "right" swapped, in which case there is no
left bias.

pjrm.