Re: [css-selectors] Invalid selectors should not cause the entire group to be dropped

Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 18:04:00 +0100, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> wrote:
> > I highly doubt we could ever change this behavior at this point.  I
> > could be swayed otherwise by evidence, but this seems like the sort of
> > behavior that would become relied on by sites after so long.
>
> Could you give an example? I do not think it is very likely that sites
> would rely on this. Effectively the site would be relying on the
> declaration block not being applied.

I have come across some examples over the years and you're right: they do
rely on the declaration block not being applied!  Many of them appear to be
actually written that way deliberately for browser-sniffing purposes.  I
don't have a list, though.

--
Stewart Brodie
Team Leader - ANT Galio Browser