Re: Stretching element without stretching text

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 2:50 AM, François REMY
> <fremycompany_pub@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> > It works in CSS 2.1 and don't use the non-widely implemented
> > to-be-standardized CSS3 transform property.

> I don't understand this comment - the Transforms spec was accepted by
> the WG, and transforms are fairly widely implemented at this point.
> It's still in WD for now, but it'll probably start moving upwards in
> the next few months.

It's only intended to reflect a practical 'real life' implementation point
of view.
If you take 10 visitors, 5+ of them will use a browser that don't support
CSS 3
Transforms, even prefixed (IE8-, FireFox 3.0-, ...).

This makes the use of CSS Transform a no-go for any essential functionnality
of your website. (It would be even clearer if vendor-prefixed properties
only
worked in a "dev" mode, or by 'page-specific' / 'site header ' opt-in but
it's
not the case, for political and historical reasons).

CSS 2.1 is supported by all browsers used today, or nearly. I just meant
that,
not anything else ;-)

François