Re: list-style-position and text-align

On Tuesday 2010-11-23 00:14 -0600, David Hyatt wrote:
> Mostly, though, I just want a clarification on text-align, since
> WebKit is the only engine to ignore text-align on outside bullets.
> However, if we decide outside bullets *should* respect text-align,
> then the other stuff (especially the overflow clipping and
> scrolling) comes into question as well.

The working group actually discussed this issue at our most recent
meeting, and came up with:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Nov/0197.html
although it's not finalized.

(I strongly prefer the behavior of honoring text-align.)

See also
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0419.html for
how I think outside bullet positioning ought to work.

-David