Re: list-style-position and text-align

On 11/23/10 1:14 AM, David Hyatt wrote:
> Watch out for quirks mode. Go to strict mode, and the bullets will be on
> the same line.

Ah, indeed, and all inside the deepest block.  OK.

I just looked at the Gecko code for this, by the way, and as far as I
can tell the text-align behavior is an artifact of the way the vertical
effect of bullets on the line is implemented: the bullet is added to
line layout data structure to do vertical alignment, and then sticks
around until horizontal alignment happens...

That's not a comment on what the spec should say or what the web compat
issues here are, fwiw.

-Boris