Re: [css3-background] New use case for background-position-x (&y!)

On 09/11/2010, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, besides that, it also means that you cannot have a flexibly sized box
> with a background-color that extends out beyond the edge of the image in a
> single element.

Huh?  Sure you can.  Just don't use a sprite image.

> you mostly can't use background-position in its "normal" way
> without revealing some part of an unrelated image

No!  Don't use sprite images and you'll be fine.

This doesn't sound like opposition of -x/-y or -left/-top/-right/-bottom.

I'm not asking to redefine background-position, you can still use
background-position in normal ways!

--
Lee
www.webdeavour.co.uk