Re: Fw: RE: [css-flexbox] Summary of planned changes to Flexbox Module

By definition: calc() is getting computed when percentage is resolved so before computation of any flexes.
Moreover: computation of the calc() is pre-condition (or input) of the flex algorithm.
So calc(20px+2fl) looks very strange.

Consider this:

#sample
{
   min-width: calc(10px + 50%);
   width: calc(20px+2fl);
}

These two calc()s work at different moments of time as
'width' computation require min-width to be known for all children
of a container.

Technically this is still achievable by internally splitting calc() on just
calc() and flex-calc() but I do not recall anyone asking such feature
in 4 years of using Absolute Flexes.
Do you have examples where such non-trivial flex function is required?

--
Andrew Fedoniouk

http://terrainformatica.com