Re: [CSS21] Proposal for a replacement for section 17.2.1 (table anonymous objects)

On 3/30/10 12:44 PM, fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net wrote:
> Ah, right. *rereads stuff a few times* Um. Remind me again why my original
> proposal doesn't handle Item 2 of
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2009May/0213.html
> ?
>
> Step 1:   Leading and trailing white space in the table<div>  is removed.
> Step 2.1: The entire contents of the table is wrapped in a table row.
> Step 2.2: Nothing happens
> Step 2.3: The middle<div>  is wrapped in a table cell.
> Step 3:   Nothing happens.
> Result:   1 table, 1 row, 3 cells
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2010Mar/0489.html

Er, yes.  I clearly misread something....  Good catch!

I just read through your proposal carefully again, and it seems to match
the behavior my proposal produces as far as I can tell.

One remaining issue: with the modification to your definition of
consecutive boxes, at what point does the whitespace get dropped in the

testcase?

-Boris