Re: CSS WG comments on View Modes Media Feature spec

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Marcos Caceres wrote:
>
>>> 4. all these queries could/should have an event-based counterpart so the
>>>   changes are detectable by code. We understand this is outside of the
>>>   scope of this spec but that's still an important comment.
>>
>> We have a proposal already for the CSS WG to review:
>> http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html
>
> It seems like this needs to align to the current CSS OM View spec:
> <http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/>
>
> which has a StyleMedia interface available on the window object as 'styleMedia', rather than 'media'.
>
> I would expect to see events related to media type changes in the CSS OM View spec too, rather than in a widgets-related spec.

I totally agree, there is much overlap. We should start looking at how
to merge the two specs (or our requirements) into the CSS OM View
spec. I would be happy for the widgets one to vanish if the CSS OM
View spec would handled our use cases.

Perhaps we should have a joint teleconf or something to arrange how to
proceed...  I'll leave that up to the chairs, however.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres