Re: [css3-values] Computed Values definition wrong

fantasai wrote:

 > http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-values/#computed0
 >
 > The Computed Values section of css3-values talks about resolving percentages.
 > It shouldn't, because in almost all cases, we don't resolve percentages at
 > the computed style stage, but at the used style stage.

In many cases, percentages can be resolved without formatting the
document. For example:

   p { font-size: 120% }

   div { width: 10cm }
   div div { width: 50% }

These types of expansions should take place in the computed values
stage where the values are processed as far as possible without
formatting the document.

The draft still needs to be updates. It currently states:

  "percentages must be multiplied by a reference value"

I sugggest changing it to something along the lines of:

  "percentages must, whenever possible, be converted to an absolute value"

Cheers,

-h&kon