Re: CSS3 Values and Units: Some proposals

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:05:33 -0700
> Von: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>

> Yup, anytime you're using a layout table, you can replace it using
> Template Layout.

Thank you for your comments. I am looking forward to using Template Layout and hope this draft will make it into the real world soon.

> In some cases you can replace it with Table Layout
> if you're willing to organize your code correctly.  For example, both
> of the examples you've provided can be done with Table Layout too,
> it'll work in all modern browsers (IE7 and earlier won't, but you can
> fall back with a float-based layout, or repair with javascript or
> whatnot, using conditional comments).

Yes, that is the problem with the real world. I can't tell my clients I don't support IE7 (or charge extra for supporting it) because it is not enough standards compliant, so I never used layouts based on display:table-* so far. I'm afraid the same will apply to many CSS3 modules for the first several years after they are made standards.
jetzt kostenlos herunterladen! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser