Re: [css3-multicol] Typos and related issues

Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:

 > 2)
 > It would be nice to have sub-headings for 'column-fill' and
 > 'break-before'/'break-after'/'break-inside' so the property names show up
 > in the ToC

Agreed.

 > 3)
 > Example III:
 > "but the number and widths"
 > should be
 > "both the number and widths"

Yes.

 > 4)
 > 2. The multi-column model, third paragraph:
 > "if the appear; column rows only appear between columns that both have
 > content."
 > should be
 > "if they appear; column rules only appear between columns that both have
 > content."

Indeed. Nice catch.

 > 5)
 > Examples VIII through X and XX through XXIV:
 > These don't look right on my system, the text is too big and overflows all
 > over the place. I don't have Arial installed and it seems the figures
 > depend on particular font metrics for the hardcoded linebreaks to occur at
 > appropriate points. Probably images should be used instead.

Right. (And it's probably a bit too early to depend on webfonts to ensure
the availability of the same font.)

 > 7)
 > 4.5. 'column-rule', Value entry
 > "<column-rule-width>"
 > should probably be
 > "<'column-rule-width'>"

Yes.

 > and I guess it makes sense for the other options to similarly refer to the
 > individual column-rule-* properties too

That adds one level of indirection, but the indirection is local to
this spec so it's probably an improvement.

 > and for the previous two
 > subsections to refer to nonterminals without apostrophes i.e.
 > column-rule-style using <border-style> and column-rule-width using
 > <border-width>

Yes.

I've updated the editor's version:

  http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-multicol/