Fw: [css3-background] border-radius color transitions using gradients (recommended but undefined)

Sorry for reopeing this old thread, but the IE Team
(and particulary Sylvain Galineau) seems to indicate
web author feedback is still needed about this
specific problem.

(Ref:
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2010/03/19/the-css-corner-about-css-corners.aspx#comments)

I already did send this mail in the past, but it seems
it was rejected because of it's size (image were pasted
from an image editor and were send as raw BMP).

My proposal is to use a linear gradient instead of a
complex gradient because generating a linear gradient
is a task that can be accelerated by hardware and that's
pretty simple, while other proposals like conic gradient
are much complex and would need bitmap generation
that would not be hardware-boostable.

The fact is that a linear gradient can lead to very good
results, so there's no need to use more complex solutions.

The full mail and technical explainations are available here :
http://cid-201f3835d49587fe.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/Temp%202/CSS%20WG/2010-03-10%20-%20Border-Radius%20Gradient.pdf

Regards,
François