Re: [css3-multicol] Typos and related issues

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:26:47 +0100, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 19, 2010, at 7:12 AM, Øyvind Stenhaug wrote:

(...)
>> "Within a given column row, the length (in the block progression
>> direction) of column gaps and column rules is equal to the column
>> heights."
>
> Why not just say it more simply and consistently? Like this:
>
> "Within a given column row, the height of column gaps and column rules
> is equal to the column heights."
>
> That is more directly understandable to me. Why switch back and forth
> between "height" and "length" to describe the same dimension?

The spec seems to want to be agnostic with regards to vertical text, so I
tried to be accurate. But yes, it would be simpler if "height" and "width"
could be used throughout assuming default block flow, optionally with a
single note somewhere about interpretations in other cases.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA