Re: [CSSOM] CSSRule.NAMESPACE_RULE (wrapping up)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 19:38:02 +0100, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
wrote:
> FWIW, since it is pretty clear animation is going to happen I'm happy to
> make NAMESPACE_RULE 10 instead. I really couldn't care less. We could
> also make it 2, but it seems some people are less happy with that at
> this point. (Though @charset really never should have been allocated a
> constant and corresponding object...)

I made it 10. Hopefully this is agreeable to everyone. I added a note
about 9 and 10 being reserved for CSS animation.

As for this system not working, I don't know, but since introducing new
at-rules affects parsing and processing of style sheets, affects the
insertRule method on CSSStyleSheet and CSSMediaRule, affects the cssText
attribute on CSSRule, and affects constants on CSSRule, in addition to it
requiring the introduction of new interfaces, this needs to be a
coordinated effort. Truly private extensions can make use of constants
outside the first 1001.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/