Re: [CSSOM] CSSRule.NAMESPACE_RULE

Le 12/03/10 19:14, Simon Fraser a écrit :

> It seems that the real problem here is that we use raw numeric
> values for CSSRulel types. If rule types were identified by a
> string label, or if we could force authors to always use the
> constant values on CSSRule (maybe by some trick like making the
> type opaque, if IDL allows that), then we wouldn't have this problem.

I suspect string labels are never going to happen because of the huge
footprint impact it would have on systems like Gecko that are entirely
CSS-based. Honestly, we (and I mean the CSS WG and globally the W3C
here) should be able to maintain a repository of integers... It's not
_that_ hard.

</Daniel>