Re: [css21][css3-background] background-position examples conflict with prose/grammar

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 16:40:57 +0100, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:

>> From: Øyvind Stenhaug [mailto:oyvinds@opera.com]
>

>> That seems more ambiguous, and the presumably intended interpretation
>> ("exactly one value is not a keyword") is wrong since it wouldn't say
>> how to interpret e.g. "background-position: 10px 40px".
>
> I'm not sure whether it's *more* ambiguous since the prose never
> addressed this case explicitly either.

The case "at least one value is not a keyword" includes the case where
both values are lengths. Two counts as "at least one".

> How about:
>
> #If one value is specified, the second value is assumed to be 'center'.
> #If two values are specified then the first value represents the
> horizontal
> #position (or offset) and the second represents the vertical position
> (or offset).
> #If both values are keywords, the vertical and horizontal components can
> #be specified in any order.

Because the "at least one value is not a keyword" part is omitted, the two
previous sentences kind of contradict each other. Personally I'd still
prefer my last suggestion.

--
Øyvind Stenhaug
Core Norway, Opera Software ASA