Re: [css3-background] vastly different takes on "blur"

On Jun 21, 2010, at 10:23 PM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> I'm also in favour of that.
>
> Apart from the other points made, I have another ... when there is no shadow offset, the blurred area inside the shadow edge is not visible. I expect authors will be surprised to find that the width of the visible blur is only half the value they specified.

Seriously? You want to optimize for those uthors that use shadows, but are surprised by what they see when they fill in those first 2 values of box-shadow with something other than zero? Maybe they would also be surprised by the fact that it is called 'box-shadow' and not 'box-glow'.