From: www-style-request@w3.org [mailto:www-style-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of John Daggett
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 11:35 PM
To: fantasai
Cc: www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: CSS2.1 Test Suite Beta 1

> I've uploaded a copy of the test suite beta to the csswg.org server:
>    http://test.csswg.org/suites/css2.1/20100615/

> Please take a look and let me know if there's anything obviously
> wrong. :) I'll be posting it to W3C tomorrow, when I get the last set
> of bidi tests from i18n.

How is this being built?  I pulled from the svn repo today and I only find the Microsoft tests in contributors/microsoft/submitted rather than in approved/css2.1/src.

The linked page includes this text:

> Note that many of the tests require the Ahem font to be installed.
> Without the Ahem font installed, these tests are of no value.

As I noted back in January, this is inaccurate, the font chapter tests require a whole set of fonts:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Jan/0057.html

I also posted a review of the fonts chapter tests back in January but it looks like none of those tests have been touched:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-css-testsuite/2010Jan/0017.html

I submitted a set of font reftests
(contributors/mozilla/submitted/fontreftests), a number of which can be run as standalone tests but those don't appear to have made it into the final set of tests.

John Daggett
Mozilla Japan