RE: is there any implementation of box-lines:multiple?

Interesting. But I was actually interested in understanding the current spec (last updated July 2009) http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/#multiple-alignment and Tab's draft http://www.xanthir.com/:wih#section1.5.0 . They are somewhat contradictory on this issue, and I don't think either is a good solution.