Re: [css3-text-layout] New editor's draft - margin-before/after/start/end etc.

On Jun 8, 2010, at 10:54 AM, MURAKAMI Shinyu wrote:

> Another case, when the initial value of 'writing-mode' is 'lr-tb'
> and {writing-mode: tb-rl} is specified in the author style sheet,
> we expect :ttb { ... } of the default style sheet is enabled,
> but the :ttb selector is not affected by the real writing-mode.

Ordinarily, if the author can specify the writing mode, then he can also specify the appropriate margins, etc. for that writing mode. I believe what you are pointing out is that a UA that does not understand 'writing-mode' or cannot render vertical writing would still use those inappropriate margins, etc. without proper fallback. This suggests to me that we really do need something like @supports(writing-mode:ttb)