Re: [CSS21] bidi, text-align, and list markers

> * hello
>                                           OLLEH *

dir="rtl">HELLO</li></ul>, with default alignment.
In the other browsers, the bullet on the RTL item disappears somehow.
I would say this should be the expected display when the bullet gets its
location from the <li>'s direction.

> * hello
> *                                         OLLEH

This is would be the expected display for the same example as above if the
bullet got its location from the <ul>'s direction.

> * hello
> * OLLEH

It is also what one would get for <ul dir="ltr"
bullet got its location from the <ul>'s direction. Instead of
text-align:left, one would really use the proposed new text-align value,
what fantasai calls match-parent. (It would definitely work if put on the
<li>s, but would also work on the <ul>, provided its parent is also ltr.)

> * hello
> OLLEH *

This is what one gets today for the same example as above in IE. In Firefox
and Opera the "O" is left-aligned with the "h". In WebKet, the bullet
disappears.
I would say that what Firefox and Opera do should be the expected display
when the bullet gets its location from the <li>'s direction.

Aharon