RE: [css21-selectors] Interpretation of attribute selector

> Boris Zbarsky [mailto:bzbarsky@MIT.EDU] wrote on Tuesday, June 01,
2010 12:23 PM:
> On 6/1/10 3:12 PM, Belov, Charles wrote:
> > No, Word 2003 generates filtered HTML such as

> Which is fine.
>
> > which I wish to override using CSS using
> >
> > p[style="text-align:justify;"] {
> > 	text-align:left;
> > }
>
> This is what I claimed was rare.  That doesn't help the few
> people trying to do it, of course.....

Presumably it would become less rare once WCAG 2.0 becomes a
recommendation.

From
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#visual-audio-contrast :

1.4.8 Visual Presentation:  For the visual presentation of blocks of
text, a mechanism is available to achieve the following: (Level AAA)

   3. Text is not justified (aligned to both the left and the right
margins).

> Note that your situation happens to have a simple solution,
> though, given the small scale and specific nature of what
> you're trying to do:
>
>    p[style="text-align: justify;"], p[style="text-align:justify;"] {
>      text-align: left;
>    }
>
> This will obviously not work if the @style has more stuf in
> it, etc, but neither did your original selector above.

Alas, it appears not to work at all, producing justified text in Firefox
3.6.3 Windows, Safari 4 Windows and Internet Explorer 8.

Please see http://www.sfmta.com/cms/testSelectorD.htm .

Hope this helps,
Charles Belov
SFMTA Webmaster