Re: [css3-background] Where we are with Blur value discussion

On Jul 27, 2010, at 9:44 AM, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:

> We can automate it, we just have to build the automation manually -
> screenshot and then run pixel comparisons.

So what would you use for for the screen shot? The approximate Gaussian or the true Gaussian? Would this mean that if a better algorithm is used that better approximates natural shadow blurs in half the time of a Gaussian then it isn't allowed? Or that a simple stepped blend with appropriate corner rounding (optimized for a number of steps that were good enough for the size of the e-ink halftone dots it used, say) wouldn't be allowed if it was on hardware optimized to render it that way?