Re: [CSS21] Proposal for a replacement for section 17.2.1 (table anonymous objects)

On 7/21/10 4:18 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Sort of, some places. That dates back to when the wrapper box
> construction code was broken. Lots of places in table layout have had
> such checks removed since then, though they're still around in a few
> callsites.

But this is all a sideshow.  It might explain why Gecko's behavior is
not likely to change near-term (at least for 6 months to a year at
best), but I don't see why that should affect what the spec says.

My bigger concern, again, is that we currently have interop between all
browsers on the behavior, and the spec is proposing switching to some
other behavior.  I'm not going to go out on a limb and start putting
work into rejiggering this stuff in Gecko until we have some semblance
of data that the changes don't break sites (e.g. someone actually
shipping with the changes).  Do any other implementors have any plans to
change their behavior here near-term?

-Boris