Re: if conditions again

Am 17.07.10 21:34, schrieb François REMY:
> Fine. Just fine. And how a browser not supporting @if will react
> to your code ? It will certainly not run (only) the code in the first
> if section, making your @if statement totally unusable.

Hi,

it is correct that there is a transition needed. For many years web
servers will need to deliver two versions of CSS depending on the
requesting browser. It is a one time break of compatibility which buys a
lower need to break compatibility for the future.

> The main problem for such functionnalities is that it won’t work
> at all in older browsers. The only solution that would degrade
> nicely in old browsers is to extend Media Queries, but it have been
> rejected many times since it was first requested.

In my opinion - Transforming media queries into if conditions - is a try
to impose somehow a new feature and stay backward compatible. It will
never look nice

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de