Re: [cssom-view] addMediumListener / removeMediumListener

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 19:34:00 +0200, Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com> wrote:
> On Jul 5, 2010, at 1:09 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> I have been thinking about this some more and I am no longer convinced
>> the complexity is justified. I think using closures is fine. For other
>> languages the bindings can be slightly modified to return a token
>> instead or something. But there's no need to make the ECMAScript
>> variant more complex as well, especially since not all implementations
>> will have various languages implementing these bindings, and also since
>> the dominant use of this API will be in ECMAScript.
>
> I'm not keen on having to special-case generated code, and, in WebKit,
> we compile Objective-C bindings for many of the IDL interfaces, and see
> people use them fairly extensively in applications that embed WebKit.
>
> Can you re-state your proposal so we're all on the same page?

My proposal is that we do the renaming but otherwise keep the
specification as-is:

   http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom-view/#the-stylemedia-interface

Making it more complex just to suit the non-ECMAScript case does not seem
worth it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/