Re: Target blank

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:33, Gordon Stewart <gordonisnz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Kristaps Karlsons
> <kristaps.karlsons@gmail.com> wrote:
>> CSS is not HTML/xhtml. CSS is used only for styles, that are applied to
>> html.
>>
>> Only way (that validates and conforms with xhtml standards) is – to use
>> javascript + rel attribute (for example: bind javascript event to elements
>> which have rel="external").
>>
>> Hope that helps.
>
> Sorry, I didn't mean for this to go to the css group.. (i'll find the
> xhtml group i'm on, - if i remember its name :) )
>

> --
> Freecycle Auckland :-
> http://www.freecycle.org/

There is a CSS 3 Hyperlink Presentation Module[1], created early 2004,
which describes various properties that can replace the @target
attribute and/or similar JavaScript implementations. While the draft
provides a lot more flexibility to authors, to my knowledge it has not
been implemented yet by any browser.

While the following question isn't really related to this thread
either, are there any plans to maintain the draft or should it be seen
as obsolete? It seems to be on the edge of presentation and behavior,
which might not be desirable.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-hyperlinks/