Re: [CSS21] Issue 149 - px vs. pt

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 5:08 AM, fantasai <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>wrote:

> Right. If I'm designing a touch UI, which is one of the use cases
> that Mozilla is concerned with, I'd want real dimensions, not the
> size of some imaginary canvas. Not being able to get those
> dimensions even through media queries, which were specifically
> designed to do this, would be a very frustrating problem.

Media queries should have the ability to get the true screen size, for the
same set of situations where authors would use a true physical unit. And we
can handle it the same way, just by using that new physical unit.

@media screen and (min-width: 100truemm) and (max-width: 200truemm) { ... }

I know, it kinda sucks to have to have truemm (or some bikeshed-equivalent)
as well as mm, but I'm convinced we do.

Rob
53:5-6]