Re: [CSS3 Text] request: line-padding

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2010, at 9:49 AM, fantasai wrote:
>> and it'll break if there's any
>> content on any lines that's taller than the default line height.
>
> True. But in many cases where striping is useful (code listings, for instance), that would be rare, or controllable.

Given the pretty-printed code employing roughly that strategy I've
seen on the web, and considering how often the striping becomes
noticeably misaligned after 20 lines or less of code, I'd say it's not
very rare at all.  Either line-height commonly varies by small,
unpredictable amounts, or authors are just bad at predicting exactly
how tall the line is.  Or both.