Re: SVG/CSS WG Effects Task Force proposal

Hi Erik,

I'm a little confused.

On 19/01/2010, at 12:01 AM, Erik Dahlstrom wrote:

> To ensure a clear and speedy channel for communication, the SVG WG
> proposes that we form a joint Task Force between the CSS and SVG WGs,
> tentatively called the Effects Task Force, and that we use the
> public-fx@w3.org mailing list to coordinate.  The deliverables of this
> TF would be specifications that apply to both CSS and SVG, with the
> details negotiable, but with an emphasis on rapid development.

> If the CSS WG agrees, we will draft a charter for the Task Force.  W3C
> process requires only that the relevant specifications are listed in the
> charters of the participating groups; as long as the chairs of the
> groups agree to the TF, there is no need for AC or W3M approval.
>
> We look forward to your reply, and to future coordination on these matters.

Didn't this already happen? You mention the existing public-fx mailing list. We'd already agreed to have telecons if necessary. If we don't need AC approval, then what needs to happen beyond what is already in place? (I haven't seen much activity on that list though)

Anyway, a few colleagues at Apple and myself are keen to participate.

Dean