Re: Making pt a non-physical unit

David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> On Jan 15, 2010, at 18:39 , Zack Weinberg wrote:
> > David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
> >
> >> So, are we leaning towards something like the following?
> > [...]
> >
> > Chiming in with something I haven't seen mentioned at all in the
> > thread, perhaps because everyone assumes it's obvious: it's very
> > important IMO that regardless of the relationship between CSS px and
> > device pixels, bitmap images are drawn at a scale of 1 CSS px per
> > image pixel.
>
> No, that really doesn't work.  As devices go to higher and higher
> pixel densities, it's really *undesirsable* that images get smaller
> and smaller.

Sure, but I thought the consensus was leaning toward 1 CSS px not being
a device pixel on those devices, either.

It kinda sounds like you (and Brad) understood me to say the exact
opposite of what I meant.  I was trying to say that if a CSS px was
bigger than a device pixel, then bitmap image pixels should *also* be
bigger than a device pixel, by the same ratio.

zw