RE: [css3-animation] keyframes without animations

From: Simon Fraser [mailto:smfr@me.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:27 PM
To: Sylvain Galineau
Cc: Nemeséri András; www-style@w3.org
Subject: Re: [css3-animation] keyframes without animations

> But animations have no effect once they complete. So, logically, a zero-duration animation snaps to the last keyframe and then reverts back to its original appearance instantaneously. Practically, it's as if the animation never runs.
Wow, my bad. I understood an animation to be equivalent to a consecutive sets of n transitions such that the end state - the computed values of the animated properties - would be that of frame n. Section 2 does begin with "In a simple transition, since both the starting value and ending value are known, a single timing function and duration determine the intermediate values of the animating property. If finer control of the intermediate values is required, keyframes can be used." I clearly missed the following in 3.1: "An animation does not affect the computed value before the application of the animation, before the animation delay has expired, and after the end of the animation." I thus didn't realize that the computed value(s) of the affected property(ies) reset on completion and will hereafter be quiet...