Re: proposal for a new css combinator

On Jan 13, 2010, at 4:02 AM, Niels Matthijs wrote:

> I’m quite sure that someone before me must’ve thought about this, or maybe I just didn’t look closely enough at the latest specs, but I believe we are missing an important css combinator.
>
> For the full explanation you can check the following article: http://www.onderhond.com/blog/work/missing-css-combinator

I think in general, you could achieve your aims (including IE6 compatibility) with something like the following, right?

.focusBlock header { /* stying for first level of header in the focus block */  }
.focusBlock header header { /* reset any styles you don't want in subsequent header descendants  */  }

It's not especially elegant, but gets the job done, I think.