Re: Text selector [was Re: breaking overflow]

On 1/4/10 7:15 AM, James Hopkins wrote:
>> <script>
>> document.body.appendChild(document.createTextNode("ba"));
>> document.body.appendChild(document.createTextNode("r"));
>> </script>
>
> The authors intention was to create two separate textnodes, thus they
> should be treated separately.

How do you know that was the author's intention?  Maybe the author just
ran a library "insertText('bar')" function and the library inserts one
character at a time for whatever reason?

In any case, the browser has no idea of "intention"; all it knows is the
resulting DOM.

>> <!DOCTYPE html>
>>
>> with an HTTP packet boundary between the 'a' and the 'r'.
>
> I'm unsure as to what this is :)

I'm not sure what you're unsure about, exactly....  Can you clarify?

-Boris