Re: Specificity of :any (was Re: [css3-selectors] Grouping)

Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 2/25/10 6:58 PM, Brad Kemper wrote:
> Now the caveat for authors is this can be fragile with the nonstandard
> properties (hence the "or maybe later"s above).  We obviously reserve
> the right to drop any -moz-whatever selector any time.  In practice, I
> haven't seen many authors doing this sort of thing.

Indeed, this is straight out of Hacking 101: a Good Hack(*) is one whose
applicability is known (such as the IE6 underscore hack), rather than
one whose scope is open-ended.  Many responsible sources of CSS hacking
information now acknowledge and even raise awareness of this, so I hope
that implementors will be ruthless in removing these prefixed properties
as and when they see fit, without the slightest regard for authors
foolish enough to try and hack on the basis of them.

(*) and I'm acutely aware that some believe that this is an oxymoron.

Cheers,
Anton Prowse
http://dev.moonhenge.net