Re: css3-background: grammar issue

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Brad Kemper <brad.kemper@gmail.com> wrote:
> background: url(img.png) / 90%;
> or...
> background:  / 90%;

Both of these look like nonsense to me.  A slash shouldn't exist
unless there's actually something *there* to separate.

> It is also part of the proposed CSS3 gradient property value, where it is used to separate each half of a series of value pairs.

Nah, I was using it at first to separate the color-stops from the
other information, but I removed it after feedback that it seemed
weird.  Gradients now use commas all throughout.

> It is also used in /* comments */, where it does a similarly good job of separating comments from the values around them.

I think comments are pretty clearly something else altogether.