RE: [cssom] Defining getComputedStyle

> On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:09:23 +0100, Anne van Kesteren
> <annevk@opera.com>
> wrote:
> >    http://dev.w3.org/csswg/cssom/#resolved-values

Small typo: 'psuedo-element'.

The first set of properties has no resolved value. I assume the implied rule is that shorthands don't get resolved ?

For the last two sets of properties - height...width and 'any other property - the resolved value either may or is the computed value. As the section begins with :

"However, the concept of "computed value" changed between revisions of CSS while the implementation of getComputedStyle() had to remain the same for compatibility with deployed scripts."

...I assume the computed value being returned here is the computed value as defined by CSS, not the one getComputedStyle() has to keep returning for backward compatibility ?

I expected the spec to define what getComputedStyle() returned but couldn't locate it. All I found was that :

"The getComputedStyle method MUST return a live CSSStyleDeclaration object that contains the computed style declaration block for elt..."

Shouldn't we define how that style declaration block is computed for completeness and coherence ?