Re: [cssom] Defining getComputedStyle

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:33:29 +0100, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> These properties are:
>>
>> * top
>> * right
>> * bottom
>> * left
>> * text-indent
>> * max-height
>> * min-height
>> * max-width
>> * min-width
>
> Do we have any data on how often getComputedStyle on these properties is
> used?

I don't. All I have is that browsers do not really agree. I could be
convinced to make these "exceptions" too. I do not really feel strongly,
though less exceptions seemed better.

>> Also it seems that overflow is not treated as a shorthand property.
>
> It's not a shorthand in CSS 2.1.

Well, CSS doesn't have versions and most browsers have implemented
overflow-x and overflow-y. I guess either they all act independently or
overflow is just not considered a shorthand as far as the getComputedStyle
API is concerned.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/