Re: [css-style-attr] SVG WG comments on CSS Styling Attributes Level 1

Zack Weinberg <zweinberg@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Mozilla's CSS parser has a special mode for all styles loaded from
> SVG, including inline styles on SVG-namespace elements.

This statement was wrong.  The special mode only applies to SVG
attributes like color, width, and fill (I append a complete list) that
are internally converted to CSS property declarations.  style="..." on
an SVG element accepts the same syntax that it would if it were on an
HTML element, as do full style sheets that are linked from SVG
documents.

Besides accepting scientific notation, there is one other difference
between the special mode and the normal (standards-compliant HTML) mode:
nonzero dimensionless numbers are accepted in contexts where a <length>
is required, and are treated as-if px had been specified.

zw

alignment-baseline
baseline-shift
clip