Re: [CSS3] @font vs @background

Sylvain Galineau wrote:
> [...]

Could you imagine that, say, JavaScript has different precedence rules
for ',' operator inside different functions and name of the function
will trigger different meaning for ',' operator?

Values of attributes in CSSOM are expressed as strings. So to deal with
the values you will need a parser. In current situations you cannot
create universal parser of such values that will work from now on.
I can imagine that some properties in future will use @font precedence
rules and some @background as we are making precedent. Not exactly
very bright future for libraries like jQuery & friends.

Think about that in future we will decide that @font will need multiple
values. For example I can see good reason of having list of fonts to be
defined this way:

font: 12pt "Times New Roman" | 10pt Arial;

Ideally lists of lists notation should not change from property to property.

--
Andrew Fedoniouk.

http://terrainformatica.com