Re: [cssom] Defining getComputedStyle

On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 19:46:45 +0100, Richard Fink <rfink@readableweb.com>
wrote:
>> Does this sound like a good direction?
>
> FWIW: Yes indeed. Very much. I don't remember, but I might have used the
> term "appliedStyle" as a synonym for what I think you are proposing with
> the term "resolved values".
> [...] I think "resolved values" would be highly useful.

To be clear, I am not proposing any changes to getComputedStyle. I simply
want to define it because a) the current definition no longer works due to
CSS 2.1 changing definitions and b) browsers do different things. E.g. for
'width' it's very easy to get three different results testing three
browsers.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/