Re: Two CSS challenges

Le Dim 26 décembre 2010 17:55, Andrew Fedoniouk a écrit :
> Here is the link:
> http://terrainformatica.com/w3/like-a-button.htm
>
> it contains referential button that you can try.

Andrew,

Because of your lack of valid doctype declaration, your webpage triggers
backward-compatible "quirks" rendering mode in all of the latest versions
of mainstream browsers (IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox 3.x, Opera 11, Chrome 6+,
Konqueror 4.x, etc.). This, I believe, is not what you want; you should
always try - for lots of reasons - to always trigger web standards
compliant rendering mode in all browsers.

> Please do this in IE

Which version of IE? IE 6 ? IE 7 ? IE 8 ? IE 9? IE 9 PP3? or IE 9 PP7 ?

And then what is your IE setting for styling display of form controls in
such IE version??

> as
> other browsers did not manage to make button press right

Press how exactly? When a push button is pressed, there is no
given specified, normative rules to follow with regards to its display. An
:activated push button is going to look pushed for a few tenths of a
second at the most, then it will get the look of a :focused push button.

>, I suspect for
> reasons that I've mentioned.

Please answer this simple question: do you want to create an offset toward
the right and toward the bottom when the span is :activated? If so, why?
Please elaborate.

> And now click on button-alike-span - that is how it should be done ideally
> (consider this as requirement at least).

> I would like to avoid use of that label element - it is redundant.
> Ideally CSS should allow to do such simple things.

Andrew, I'm sorry.

1- I still do not know what exactly you want to achieve. Providing a
button in the page still does not accurately define this.

2- Your webpage example has validation issues.

3- "gold" is CSS3 color name, not valid in CSS 2.1.

4- <button>'s default type is submit, not button: and this is known to be
a bug in IE6 and IE7. This may not do much with regards to your situation
... but even that is not clear.

Please do not top-post.

regards, Gérard