On Dec 2, 2010, at 9:03 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 12/2/10 11:40 PM, Peter Linss wrote:
>> Yes. We're not accepting new tests at the moment. You can submit it, but
>> it won't be added to the suite until after CSS2.1 exits CR and we're
>> officially in maintenance mode.
>
> Though I do have a question.  How are we handling implementability
> testing of the changes we make in CR?  For example, the run-in tests we
> have are not testing some of the wacky stuff that was decided on after
> the test suite submission period ended.

We'll handle that on a case-by-case basis. If there's a spec change that requires a new test, then we'll add it (but most likely that change is going to ensure that we have two passing implementations of that change...) We're not trying to be draconian, just practical, we could keep adding tests for years and never get 2.1 done, we have to draw a line somewhere. It's far more likely that we'll remove tests (and relevant portions of the spec, ie, make something undefined in 2.1 and fix it in 3).

Peter