Re: Feature request for CSS

Goderre,Laurent [NCR] <Laurent.Goderre@ec.gc.ca> wrote:

This is amazing! Exactly what I wanted. The concurent development of two
> almost identical projects is a bit problematic. One of them should be
> adopted as a standard and be adopted by browser. This would signmificantly
> reduce bandwith and speed up web browsing, espcially for mobile browsers.

In you opinion David, which one would be more likely to be adopted?

While I know of the existence of these CSS frameworks, I'm yet to use either
so can't recommend one over the other (and in fact there are more than just
two options).

The idea of adding constants to CSS has been raised here in the past. The
consensus seems to be that this is the realm of CSS preprocessors (such as
the those mentioned). While I would like to see such features included in
CSS one day, even if they were to be adopted immediately we'd be unable to
make use of them in production until the current crop of browsers cycled out
of use.

My advice is to pick a CSS framework and give it a whirl. :)

David