Re: Are CSS animations a done deal?

> Personally I think moving away from specifying style information in
> script to just specifying class name changes is actually an
> improvement. That way the style information stays neatly separated
> from the script and can be changed by designers who might not be
> involved with the scripting layer of the site at all. That way it can
> also be more easily overridden by end users.
Agreed with that.  Being able to specify styles as declaration blocks in
CSS as a class and reference/apply them in JS via className is good (but
maybe class name is not the right mechanism to expose declaration blocks
to JS enviroment). There is clear separation of  function. But CSS
duplicating functionality inherent in the DOM event model willy nilly is
bad and should be avoided IMHO.  Maybe CSS should just duplicate all the
DOM events exactly??